Electrical Testing and Inspection Department
Electrical inspection and testing identifies deficiencies in an electrical installation before they become serious hazards. Over time, all electrical installations deteriorate due to age, loading, wear and tear, mechanical damage, overheating, environment, poor maintenance, etc.
Legislation requires that electrical installations are maintained in a safe condition and therefore must be periodically inspected and tested.
Premier Electrical Services has its own in house dedicated testing & inspection department who carry out electrical testing and inspection on new and existing condition reports to suit the installation across the UK.
- To comply with the requirements of the IET wiring regulations (BS7671), all electrical systems, from the main intake through to the final fixed appliances and accessories, must be inspected and tested on a regular basis
- The frequency of this testing is dependent on the type of premises and varies between three months and five years
- Many companies struggle to complete the testing using in-house personnel due to lack of time, resources and knowledge of this specialised field
- Since July 2015, the regulations require a skilled electrical competent person with the necessary qualifications, skills and experience
- There are also requirements for the protection against fire within electrical installations
- Electrical installations must incorporate RCDs on specific circuits for the protection against electric shocks